Monday, June 13, 2011

Here she comes, just a walkin' down the street...

This Muse Monday post is somewhat random...just get used to it.

The inspiration for this post came while walking down the seasonal aisle at my local grocery store.
That is where I spotted an arched garden stake - similar to this, but on a small scale. It probably stood about 2.5' tall.
I couldn't get over how much I loved the shape.  I made a mental note of it and moved on.  Later that evening, I pulled out my sketch pad and started to doodle.  Eventually, this came out onto my paper:

Since then, I have started a new canvas.  I just love the idea of a path leading into the unknown.  The arch acting as a portal- to a different time or place.  Stay tuned and I will reveal it once it's complete.
Thanks for joining me to today!
Remember, inspiration is all around us - you just have to open your eyes.

1 comment: