Friday, June 10, 2011

Flashback Friday

Yes, another catchy theme day title!
Every Friday I will feature a "flashback" (art) from either myself or another illustrator that has encouraged me to never give up on my dream.
It could be from 10-15 years ago...or last week.

For my first Flashback we go back about 4 years when I was blessed with the opportunity to be a vendor at the juried Capital City Market in downtown Boise, Idaho.  I presented myself as a children's artist and sold prints and originals of my whimsical designs.

 
acrylic on canvas



acrylic and digital

My stint with the market only lasted one season as I realized I would much rather spend every Saturday at home with my family then out sweating in the hot sun and making very little $. Don't get me wrong, there are a few artisans that do quite well...but they are the exception. The market goers are very much into the local food and produce...which they should be.  Not so much about buying art - window shoppers I guess you could say.

 It's a fun Saturday activity for those that live in the area.  I highly recommend it.  Every Saturday starting at 9:30am-1:30pm during the months of April-October.

No comments:

Post a Comment